Los Angeles Department of Building and Safety Logo
Home link
Navigate LA link
LADBS Home link
IPAR Home link
LADBS Code Enforcement Banner


If you wish to file a complaint regarding potential code violation on a private property, you may do so by using this website or calling 311.

The Los Angeles Department of Building and Safety is responsible for investigating code violations on existing single family residential, commercial, industrial and vacant buildings inside the City of Los Angeles.

For service requests regarding properties with two or more dwelling units (duplexes and apartment buildings), please contact the Los Angeles Housing Department at (866) 557-7368.

For service requests regarding graffiti or assistance with removal, please contact Los Angeles Office of Community Beautification or call 311.

For service requests regarding abandoned, inoperative or junk vehicles, please call 311.

The following information is required when submitting a service request:
  • Property address requiring attention
  • Your name
  • Your phone number

Anonymous complaints are no longer accepted through this website. Your complaint will not be investigated if you provide an invalid name or phone number. Complainant's name and phone number information is kept confidential.